Good morning everyone, I hope you had a Merry Christmas yesterday. I know that this is a hard time for some people, and for you, I hope the Peace of Jesus Christ will come over you and make it an easier time for you.
I am slowly making progress toward my goals of getting quilts quilted and I am still slowly working on Bonnie Hunter’s mystery quilt En Provence. I have managed to get to the halfway point on all of the clues except for the first clue, which I have intentionally not worked on, and the one that came out Friday, which I have not started yet.
Here are some pictures of what is going on in my sewing room.
Here is my lone star that I put together while playing. At this point, I did not have enough of the purple triangles to make the complete square, nor did I have any other pink triangles to balance the star out so I called it my Rogue Warrior.
More pink blocks in process
And last but definitely not least, my reminder to myself to line up the bottom of the triangle. I cut these with the Accuquilt go die and they seem to work best when they are lined up at the bottom of the triangle. I hated making these for so long because they would never come out right. My seam allowance was correct, but for some reason they would come out wrong. I now know that I part of the problem was that I was lining up by the top, rather than the bottom of the triangle.
I am linking up with the following sites:
Design Wall Monday
Main Crush Monday
Have a Blessed Holiday!
Woohoo, I had movement in my stash! It happened quite by accident yesterday. I realized that I needed a couple of strippie quilts for Quilts Of Love that was happening yesterday. We had a good time at Quilts of Love and made some progress on several quilts. Three of the ladies also took their quilts to work on them at home.
After Quilts of Love was over my friend Missy came over and we loaded one of her quilts on the machine and she worked on getting it quilted. We had a great time laughing and playing while the quilt was being quilted.
Along with Quilts Of Love happening last week, I also finished all of my blocks for Cathedral Stars and I finished the binding on the Batik Wave. I forgot to finish my Friday post so I am showing it now.
Here is my stash report and linking with Patchworktimes.
Fabric out 3.166 yards
Fabric in 0 yards
Fabric out ytd:59.65 yards
Fabric in ytd: 51.07 yards
Total 8.58 yards out
I hope you have a quilty week!
Well it has been a decent week, I finished quilting one quilt, got another quilt loaded ready to quilt, and got two completely finished. First up are two baby quilts were finished last weekend. This quilt was made one of the ladies from Quilts of Love. She likes this quick and easy pattern by Mary Johnson.
Next up is a Jelly Roll Race quilt made by a different member of Quilts of Love. Both of these quilts got a nice stripped binding that amazingly matched the fabric. I bought the butterfly fabric above and the strip fabric that was used for a binding at separate times without knowing they matched. The fabric below was not provided by me and I had fabric in my stash that went with the butterfly fabric for a binding.
This Strippie Quilt was made by a granddaughter visiting her grandmother who came to Quilts of Love. It was the first quilt she ever made and she had a blast. When she made a mistake and had to rip out some seams, she got discouraged so we made a game out of it. I said she would have to be like a frog and rip-it, rip-it. That made her laugh and kept her from getting to discouraged. It was quilted freehand with hearts, loops and flowers, the second picture is of the back showing some of the quilting. I am giving this to her and I will turn it over to her grandmother for binding.
Last up for today is the quilt I just loaded on the machine. I am quilting it for my mothers EHC group. They raffle it off to raise money for a scholarship for a high school student in their county. I will be able to count the backing out so that is a plus because I went on a shopping spree, damage report tomorrow.
That is it for me today, I hope you have a quilty weekend!
I thought I had not accomplished much this week, but when I started to write it down, it looks like I accomplished more than I thought. I put the final border on the Trip Around the World quilt, I got the binding sewn on the Amish Diamond quilt and I got a quilt loaded for quilting. I also got the binding for the Jewel quilt sewn together and I hope to get it sewn on soon.
Here are my totals for the week.
Fabric out 1 yards
Fabric in 0
Fabric out ytd: 39.12 yards
Fabric in ytd: 27.5 yards
Total 11.62 yards out
See Patchworktimes for additional stash reports.
Thanks for visiting and keep quilting!