I had my Island Chain quilt out thinking about borders, then as I was folding it back up, I looked down and saw a boo-boo. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing because I thought I had found and fixed all of the mistakes. I started looking closer and I was sure that I still had a block turned wrong. I sat down at the computer and googled the Island Chain quilt image and sure enough, I had one turned wrong. As I looked closer, (you are never going to believe this) I realized that I had “fixed” this exact same mistake once already (shrug). Soooo, I guess I will be ripping this block out and “fixing” it again. The pink block is supposed to make two “L” shapes. Making this quilt was much easier when I realized that all of the blocks make an “L” shape except for the block in the corner.
Today was Quilts of Love and we got a little accomplished. We decided to make one quilt we were already working on a little bigger, so rather than a crib size quilt it will end up being roughly a twin size. I had to cut some more to enlarge the quilt, so I will have a little outage to report tomorrow in my stash report! Yay!
On the getting our current house ready to sell front, we refinished the deck tonight. I wonder what took us so long, because it looks real nice. It is still wet in this picture, so it looks a little streaked. It was very hot out, but tolerable in the shade.
I am linking up with A Quilting Reader’s Garden wips-be-gone. Head on over there to see what else is going on with other quilters.