Amish Diamonds is Finished

I think this pattern is called Amish Diamonds, I finished it today at about 5:30. I was happy to get it finished and to get a really old UFO off of my list. It is going to a lady who is suffering from Alzheimer’s.

Amish Diamonds

Amish Diamonds Finished

It was another beautiful day and I was able to take the picture outside. I am joining JulieKQuilts for her binding blitz. I have managed to squeak under the line the past two months, but I have managed to get a quilt a month finished since the binding blitz started. I have the binding sewn on another quilt and need to get cracking on it since it is king size and will take me a little while.

I hope you are having a quilty week!

Terry

Advertisements

Design Wall Monday 3/30/15

I finished the interior of the Leapfrog quilt late last night. It is a beautiful day and I was able to get a picture during lunch so I can share. I see now where I could have distributed some colors better but it is too late now (shrug).

Finished Leap Frog

Finished Leap Frog

There are many beautiful projects being shown on Design Wall Monday at Patchworktimes.

Happy quilting!

Terry

Fabric Happenings 3/29/15

Good Morning! I have been busy this week but I do not have any outage to show for the work, but the good news is that I do not have any increase in stash either. I have been binding one of the two quilts that I ready and it is about half way finished.

I also have been working on the final construction of the Leapfrog quilt. I will have pictures tomorrow on Design Wall Monday.

Here are my number.

Fabric out 0 yards
Fabric in 0 yards
Fabric out ytd: 39.37 yards
Fabric in ytd: 27.5 yards
Total 11.87 yards out

See Patchworktimes for additional stash reports.

Thanks for visiting and keep quilting!

Terry

Wednesday Happenings

Hello, I hope you had a nice springlike day today! It was beautiful today and yesterday, it is supposed to rain tomorrow and then get cooler. I cleaned house this morning then there was time to play for a little while. I put my Leapfrog blocks on the design wall and arranged them to see how they look. I decided that I did not like the partial block on the corner so I am going to add one more row. I have five more blocks to make to have enough for the size that I want.

Leap Frog

Leap Frog

I need to figure out what colors need to be added and distribute those colors throughout the quilt. Please let me know if you see something that stands out and needs to be moved.

Happy Quilting!

Terry

I Should Have Taken The Hint

And quit while I was ahead. I came home for lunch today and tried to cut out some pieces for my Leapfrog quilt. I cut a stack at 2″ that should have been 2.5″. Okay, no problem, cut again at the right size. Everyone does that occasionally, right? Rolling along and cut another group wrong, this is really getting irritating, but it took one more try to finally say I do not need to be doing this right now. So I quit and read my book. A bad thing to do while you are at lunch….I’m just saying.

Fast forward to tonight. My sister called and while I am talking to her so I decide to sew some of the pieces that I did get cut out right during lunch. I should have known better, my seam ripper and I are going to get well acquainted. I am just glad that I did not get more cut out at lunch 😉

Some days are just that way!

Happy Quilting!

Terry

Design Wall Monday

Not much sewing going on this week, but I got a little done while talking on the phone over the weekend. I completed some more blocks for the Leapfrog quilt. I need to get some end of the row pieces done and lay it out to see if it needs to be bigger.

New Leap Frog Blocks

New Leap Frog Blocks

Hopefully I will have enough blocks made this week to put the top together.

I hope you have a quilty week!

Terry

Fabric Happenings 3/22/15

A little progress was made on the Leap Frog quilt and cleaning up the sewing room. I also made some progress in getting the house back together. A few more days of doing both and I should be back to better than normal.

I cut some pieces for the Leap Frog and that was all the stash that went out this week. I made and attached a binding to another quilt but I used the leftover backing fabric for the binding so it was already counted. I now have two that needs the binding sewn down.

Here are my totals for the week. Not much but a little forward progress.

Fabric out .25 yards
Fabric in 0
Fabric out ytd: 39.37 yards
Fabric in ytd: 27.5 yards
Total 11.87 yards out

See Patchworktimes for additional stash reports.

Thanks for visiting and keep quilting!

Terry